The museum operates its own retail shops in all sites – Museum of Tropical Queensland, The Workshops Rail Museum, Cobb+Co Museum and Queensland Museum.
- Provide all visitors to the store and the museum with the highest level of customer service including basic visitor information and all exhibition and public program information for the museum.
- Achieve sales and services targets for the museum shop.
- Perform standard retail functions including the processing of sales and returns, end of day banking procedures, stock monitoring (including stocktaking, pricing and restocking), product returns, inventory maintenance and resolution of customer queries and complaints.
- Undertake visual merchandising activities.
- Processing of online and mail-order sales.
- Undertake basic cleaning duties to ensure excellent shop display standards are maintained.
- Assist in the set up and de-installation of in-store events and satellite exhibition shops.
If you are interested in a position in retail, please identify which site you are interested in by completing the suitability survey and submitting your cover letter and CV to us.