The museum operates its own food and beverage services in three sites - Museum of Tropical Queensland, The Workshops Rail Museum and Cobb+Co Museum.
If you are interested in a position in one of our food and beverage outlets, in the kitchen or with our events team, please identify which site you are interested in by completing the suitability survey and submitting your cover letter and CV to us.
You will provide excellent hospitality and Front of House services which ensure visitors to the museum's coffee shop have a first-class experience. Work outside normal working hours, including weekends, and public holidays, will be essential.
- Provide excellent front-line hospitality food and beverage service including the preparation of light meals, snacks, and beverages to barista standard, including the service of alcohol and kitchen support as required.
- Process orders and payments using a computerised Point of Sale system.
- Provide support in the delivery of functions, meetings, and group bookings including setup and dismantlement of these kinds of activities.
- Ensure the coffee shop environment and eating areas are maintained in a hygienic and safe state.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning schedules are completed to a high standard.
Highly desirable (but no essential):
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Barista training
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.